I was in the "Leading at the Speed of Trust" speech by Stephen Covey. I was deeply inspired. When people live what they preach, I know it because I hear ind feel it. It’s not a speech any more; it’s a sharing from the heart.
– Trust starts with self-trust.
– It takes risk to trust and it also takes risk not to trust.
– When trust is in place, employees work in a positive energy and are more productive.
– Building trust is the number 1 competency of leadership.
– Character and competency are the two main elements of earning trust.
– Integrity, intent, capability and result are core credibility.
– Listening with the intent to understand instead of the intent of replying can help building trust.
– Starting with trust is a better way to build relationship.
What I am reflecting
– What’s my ability to inspire trust in those around me?
– Do I want to build trust with the ones who are not in alignment with my values?